Two day course
This particular Photography Course will consolidate the learning from the Level 1 course around using your camera in manual mode, with 70% practice / 30% theory, this includes reviewing photographs you have taken to the briefs given throughout the weekend.
By the end of this course, you will have:
built on previous learning and knowledge of the camera’s manual functions
developed your understanding of what makes a well composed and balanced picture, knowing when to break the rules
developed your understanding of how to create the Images you want, rather then putting up with what those the camera takes….
learned to look for a story and edited your images to tell this story
The workshop is flexible to the needs of the students, however it is structured with aims and objectives outlined below:
1. Bring creativity and excitement to your images by working on composition and design
Consolidation of Level 1 work including:
· Megapixels, Resolution, Print Size and File formats
· Lenses (Focal Lengths, Macro, Prime & Zoom Lenses).
· Manual and Autofocus (Focusing Points, Autofocus Lock, Single or Continuous Focus).
· Manual Exposure (ISO, Shutter Speeds, F/Stops and The Light Meter),
· Aperture Priority, Shutter Speed Priority and program.
· Metering Modes.
· Light (direction, Form and Quality)
2. You will be given several briefs and expected to use the skills you have learned to meet these by taking images in a way that begins to tell a story, rather than just taking pictures. You will be expected to use Creative Exposures, Composition and The Elements of Design. Your work will be critiqued by your trainer and feedback given.