Two Day Course
An Introduction to Digital Imaging – learning to use your camera in full manual mode.
This Level 1 course is largely practical, with explanation which demystifies the theory, the aim is to get you out and about, taking pictures to better understand how to use your camera and to help you to develop your creative skills when capturing images. You will learn primarily by reviewing photographs you have taken to simple briefs throughout the weekend.
By the end of this course, you will have learnt to:
- Craft your Images, rather then just being satisfied with what the camera gives you….
- Take well balanced and thoughtfully composed pictures
- Use Creative Exposures by playing with depth of field and shutter speed
The workshop is flexible to the needs of our students, however it is structured with the aims and objectives outlined below.
- getting to know your camera and lens: buttons, functions, menus, settings etc
- operating the camera in manual mode, i.e. the truth about exposure, f.stops, shutter speeds and ISO
- exploring how the aperture and shutter speed affect the image
- taking well balanced images using a few simple rules of Composition, considering colour and the elements of design