One day course
All participants need to be at intermediate or advanced level, having done at least the Introduction to Photography course or be well practiced in using their camera in full manual.
This very practical course will help you to take your portraits to the next level, to learn to control the light for the best portrait shot and gain confidence as a photographer.
Although the camera and how we use it is of great importance in photography, the way our subjects are lit will make or break any photograph we take, so whether using natural light or studio light, it is important that we learn about its impact on our subjects and how to use it creatively in our images.
By the end of this course, you will have learnt to:
- see where the light is within the image to be captured, understand its quality and direction
- understand the impact of light on the image being taken
- use simple techniques to use in everyday photography, so that you can manage the impact of light to give the image that you want
The workshop is flexible to the needs of our students, however it is structured with the learning objectives outlined below
- build on previous learning and knowledge of the camera’s manual functions
- Learn about the joys and challenges of photographing people
- learn about light, its behaviour (direction, intensity and quality)
- develop an understanding of the use of natural light versus artificial light
- develop an understanding of how to compose a well balanced image
- develop an understanding of the use of flash
- an introduction to studio lighting for portraits
Price is £90 for return participants, otherwise £100.